- Rafael Nadal kicked off the new year by beating his has defeated Robin Soderling 7-6(2), 6-4 to win the Abu Dhabi exhibition.
- Maria Sharapova outplayed Venus Williams to take a 6-3, 6-4 victory in an exhibition match in Hua Hin, Thailand last Saturday.
- The Auckland Tennis centre, hosting the WTA Tour's Auckland Classic, was evacuated today after a security scare over an unattended bag.
Police said the bomb scare was not linked to the public street protest held outside the tennis centre against Shahar Peer.
"It's the second year in a row I have a demonstration against me. They shouted "shahar pe'er go away," she wrote on her Twitter account. "[I]t's a shame!!!"
- Still on Peer, the WTA has confirmed that the Israeli will receive a visa to play in Dubai this year.
- In Doha, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play a unique game of tennis on a magic carpet in the Souq Waqif to kick off the 2010 ATP World Tour season at the Qatar Open. Check out this video: