Now first of all, let me show you how I knew that Malaysia was bidding for the ATP event:
- LTAM wrote in their website that "an ATP official, together with a foreign organiser, visited the NTC two weeks earlier".
- LTAM president Datuk Abdul Razak Latif 'confirmed' to a daily (which is NST) that "Andy Roddick is highly tipped to play in an ATP Tour event in KL come September".
- I wrote an email to LTAM and they confirmed the reports but said they are still in the bidding process.
- The manager of a Top 100 player confirmed there's indeed a TBA (to be announced) event.
- Esther and I speculated that the TBA event should be not very far from Thailand, hence we thought Malaysia had a good chance to win the bid.
- I wrote to the CEO of ATP Adam Helfant regarding the TBA event and asked about the bidding process.
- Mr Helfant forwarded my email to Brad Drewett, the CEO of ATP International. This is what Brad replied to me: No decision has been made regarding the TBA event in September. I expect a decision to be made sometime in the next three months. I am unable to confirm which cities are candidates for this event due to confidentiality requirements.
- I check the ATP calendar and google for any news every single day from May onwards as I believe the results will be out any time soon.
- I saw the updated ATP World Tour calendar which listed Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in an ATP 250 event, same week as Thailand Open. Someone informed about the updated calendar in this forum too.
- The supposedly ATP 250 event in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia has been taken off the ATP World Tour calendar.
Anyone who has information can email to me at email@example.com.