Sep 21, 2007
1. Within three years, I've changed into a Chelsea fan who hates watching Chelsea play because of their limited tactics and goal-scoring.
2. Mourinho robbed away the classic rivalry between Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.
3. He has spent too much of Roman Abramovich's money to buy elite players who can't perform last season.
4. He has lost several of his loyal squad man to other clubs. Too many talented players and big egos for him to control.
5. Chelsea still hasn't become the world's number one football brand. Mourinho's outspokenness did not help Chelsea's image.
6. Mourinho is ambitious and staying in the English Premier League (EPL) will only deter him from proving himself as the world's best coach. Leading a top team in Serie A will definitely boost his image.
7. It's time for Mourinho to pack for good. Managers in EPL clubs don't stay long with the exception of Ferguson and Wenger. But at least he leaves Chelsea with respect from his peers and players.
If you haven't know already, Rafael Nadal, the world no. 2 tennis player along with Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Richard Gasquet will play in two separate exhibition match on the 20th and 22nd November 2007 in conjunction with the Malaysia Independence Tennis Festival.
So, what's on my mind?
My idea is to meet up with Rafael Nadal, have the best seat during his exhibition match and get to do a full coverage of the match that night.Or worse comes to worst, to catch Nadal on camera at KLIA or Stadium Melawati, watch from my RM83 seat and still do a (live) coverage on the match between him and Gasquet.
What am I going to do?
Create a buzz in the blogosphere about my campaign, the tennis match and get support. Then contact the organizer with my proposal plus the number of support gained.
Why need to create a buzz?
It's all about promoting tennis, Rafael Nadal and Visit Malaysia Year 2007.
What bloggers can do?
All you need to do is write 'Vamos VMY2007' in this comment page.Each comment with 'Vamos VMY2007' from blogger with a valid blog address equals to RM1 which I will fork out from my own pocket and donate to a charity (will be announced later). Each blog site is only entitled for 1 comment. This charity thing is to show my appreciation to all the support that I received.
Targeted comments: 200
Who can support: Bloggers from all over the world
Closing date for comments: 7.59 p.m., 20 November 2007 or targeted comments achieved.
Well, what are you waiting for? Please leave a comment now.
UPDATES: This campaign is a successful one. Read my meeting with Rafael Nadal here.
Travelers always look for cheap flights to enjoy their vacations in remote areas where they can relax their self. But, most of the travelers prefer to travel in cruises in which all over the renewed are mediterranean cruises. In spite of this Disney is offering vacations package of disney cruise line along with airfare and hotel stay. Over the last few years in Las Vegas luxor hotel is gaining reputation in travelers who are enjoying their vacations there. Lots of travelers are always loved to talk on time travel but it is explored in many movies and novels.
Sep 20, 2007
Now, the same thing is not happening to the 'special match' (as mentioned in the Ticketpro website) between Rafael Nadal and Richard Gasquet. As Nadal's huge fan, I'm going to list my 10 reasons why you should watch Nadal vs Gasquet match instead of Federer vs Sampras.
Nadal vs Gasquet
Federer vs Sampras
1. For the energetic and young crowd.
For the boring and conservative crowd.
2. A lot of muscles and good looks.
Only hairy chests.
3. Better hairstyle.
Boring hairstyle and losing hair.
4. A lot of rally and running around. Expect a longer match that makes your money worth.
Big serve and a lot of aces. Expect a shorter match.
5. They are the new generation of tennis players that rule the tennis court.
Federer still rules the tennis court but Sampras has retired since 2002.
6. They are rivals in today’s tennis sport. Expect a ‘real match’.
Merely play for exhibition purpose. Not a ‘real match’.
7. Intense celebration whenever Nadal wins a point or a match.
Selamba or rarely showing any emotion when winning points or match.
8. Watch Nadal’s obsessive compulsive bum groping
9. Left-handed player vs right-handed player is always more interesting to watch.
Right-handed vs right-handed.
10. Better choice of seats.
Limited choice of seats as many tickets has been sold out.
But I discover that instead of convincing yourself about how pretty or good looking you are, these days people prefer to make themselves look ugly and funny.
For example, your mobile phone is no longer being used to take picture but also to make that picture looks ugly. Well, my humble phone doesn't have those technology. My friend recently got a Sony Ericsson mobile phone as a birthday gift and it is able to do that (no need Adobe Photochop )
So, here is my picture which I find the funniest!
Sep 19, 2007
I've completed a mini project to translate an English manual book of a DVD Player to Malay. Although technical translation is not something that I'm familiar of, I've gained so much experience from translating Mathematics and Science books in the last few years. Researching skill is something that I've mastered throughout the years from my job as well as the experience I've gained through net-surfing.
Besides the huge online database I subscribe to as a master student in UM, I find the Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka website rather helpful in assisting me in my job. I must give credit to DBP for their online dictionary and scientific terms. However, the website isn't very smooth and sometimes I find it hard to connect to the website.
I hope to get more freelance technical translation project in the near future as it is better paid than writing educational books. If you are looking for translation service (English to Malay at this moment) for your documents or manual books, send an email to me to ask for quotation
Yesterday, while having lunch alone at Restoran Khalifah nearby my office, I bought a copy of The Star newspaper. The news that caught my attention was the controversial kiss between Ashraf Sinclair and Bunga Lestari. Artists kissing caught on camera is definitely a huge issue in Malaysia.
Remember when Deanna Yusoff's hot kissing scene in a Singaporean drama was condemned by fellow Malaysians? And I remember back in the 80s, a kissing scene in the movie, Isabella, between Amy Search and an Indonesian actress became such a huge issue but the situation wasn't as bad as Deanna Yusoff's case.
I guess there's always double standard when it comes to controversial issues between male and female. Sorry to sound a bit feminist but the guys always get away with it easily while the girls get humiliated by the public.
Sep 18, 2007
1. Read the book called If Love Is A Game, Here Are The Rules, regardless you have a girlfriend or not. Read at least the first 5 rules.
2. Start getting out and meeting new friends. The best is through mutual friends. Or go on a trip and meet new people. Share your interests during the conversation so that people have a chance to get to know you but don't just talk about yourself.
3. Get her contacts, blog (chances higher if she has one) and e-mail address right on the first meeting.
4. Get to know her by reading her blog.
5. Show your interest by sending her an email the next day right away mentioning about the meeting last night and that you have read some of her posts in her blog.
6. Don't ask her out on a date yet.
7. Invite her to join bloggers' gathering or hangout / yamchar with friends after a week or two.
8. After the second or third time meeting, you can try to ask her for a date. Strictly no movies. Just a simple dinner or coffee to talk and listen to each other. If both of you felt good about each other on this date, you know you are on your way ;)
This is strictly based on my own personal experience and I can't guarantee it will be 100% work. But it works for my relationship
Although I did not really earn much due to my 0 PR (after I've transferred to my own custom domain) and lack of self discipline, I still believe PPP is one of the source that allow me to earn some amount of money through blogging.
When everyone started writing paid posts, I doubt making money online works. But eventually I did believe them and started to sign up and writing.
My diligent postings did produced results and after getting paid for the first month, I did believe in using blog as my side income. However, discipline is very important as writing for paid posts requires a lot of research and hard work. So, I did spent the money I have earned through PPP on buying things through ebay. I've bought some CDs and t-shirts as well as converting the US dollar to Malaysian Ringgit.
Well, I am making a resolution to write everyday. My motto is 'At least a paid post per day', provided that there are opportunities available to me.
Now, can someone please tell me when and how I can increase my page rank?
HH will be traveling throughout Southeast Asia between September 13 and October 26, bestowing teachings and empowerments, including Kalachakra and others. The venues include Singapore and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Kuantan, Ipoh, Penang, Sungai Petani, Kuching and Sarawak).
HH will be arriving Malaysia from Singapore on September 26. For the full schedule of HH visit to Malaysia, click on this link or the pictures below.
Here are the rules for this meme:
Link 1 must be about FAMILY
Chinese New Year 2007
An Eventful Weekend
The Face Behind The Blog - HCFoo
Tennis vs. Football
Words of Wisdom by Dzongzar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche
Since this is a good way to reconnect back with one's old posts, I'll tag the following bloggers:
2. Princess Shin
Sep 17, 2007
The first exhibition match is going to be between Rafael Nadal (yes!) and Richard Gasquet on November 20th at Stadium Melawati, Shah Alam. Price tickets range from RM83 to RM403. Kinda pricey but I think I'll just settle for RM83 seat if I don't get any free tickets from my Sis's friend. And probably I should invest on a good binocular.
Then there's this Clash of the Times between Roger Federer and Pete Sampras on November 22nd and tickets range from RM83 to RM443. I'm not sure if I wanna watch this match but catching a glimpse of Fedex and my former tennis idol, Pistol Pete, is going to be great.
For more information go to Ticketpro or call them at +603 7880 7999.