Sep 7, 2007
Few months ago, together with some friends, we decided to send flowers to our good friend on her birthday. Since it is my job to do the online purchase, I decided to go for Blooming Florist, the only online florist I know back then. However, I ended up very disappointed because my friends and I have to pay a hefty price for a bad service. My friend not only received her flowers on her BELATED birthday but only received it in the evening after I made a call to the customer service during lunch hour.
Then when I asked them why I can't trace my order online, they gave a silly reason saying that their tracking system couldn't trace order to Penang. I was upset because instead of apologizing for their inefficiency in the delivery, they gave a lot of excuses.
Recently I did another online purchase but definitely not Blooming Florist again because of their lack of professionalism and services. I don't want to even mention their bouquet arrangement.
This time I decided to consult from a friend, Tracy, first before I make another bad purchase online and she recommended Pure Seed Florist. Honestly, you'll be impressed by the pictures in the websites. I'm amazed too but again I'm a bit cautious this time after the previous bad experience. However, the florist, Winnie is very helpful, and they are very professional in flowers arrangement and providing great service especially in accommodating special request.
I am so impressed by them I want to share this in my blog. Whatever you see in the pictures are what you are going to get. They made the flowers arrangement look so expensive and elegant. Even the soft toys are of good quality. And the flowers are the freshest in town too.
Then my colleague who's a regular to The Curve started to mention about the personalized cupcakes that were sold for the whooping price of RM3 per cupcake at the flea market. And our conversation ended up with the rental of spaces at the flea market for business during weekend.
Well, I'm not sure what kind of products are salable but second hand books are definitely not available there. I'll check with my friends and see if they are interested.
Sep 5, 2007
Okay, this is another meme and this time it's from Izad. I've decided not to pass it to anyone since I've mentioned in my previous blogging tips post that meme's a turn-off.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
It was 1997. I was in my second year in a local university and living happily with my fellow housemates. However, I was struggling financially and had to work as a promoter in a supermarket in Kajang after lectures. Sometimes I would stand whole day from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and listen to the same songs countless times everyday. I wasn't really happy with the course I took in university but I did enjoy doing presentations and mingle with other course mates.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I did a lot of freelance writing and editing jobs back then. Always a lone ranger at work and was missing the 'normal' working life surrounded by colleagues and free drinks at the pantry. However, I love the flexibility I had back then. I can work through the midnight till morning daylight and sleep the whole afternoon.
Five snacks you enjoy
1. Any mint chocolate bars and candies
2. Oreo cookies
3. Kit Kat
4. Famous Amos chocolate chips cookies
5. GSC's popcorn.
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to
1. Starship's Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now
2. Wilson Phillips' You're In Love
3. MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This
4. Color Me Badd's Close To Heaven
5. Man Bai's Kau Ilhamku
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
1. Bring my family on a Buddhist pilgrimage tour to India
2. Start up my own educational publishing business
3. Spend more time on contributing to charity work
4. Sponsoring a research project to determine if reading deficit is the main cause students (particularly from the rural area) struggling to learn Maths and Science in English.
5. Get myself a private music teacher to teach me how to play the piano.
Five bad habits
3. Couch potato
4. Easily touched and cry
5. Hates house chores
Five things you like doing
1. Joining contests
2. Staring at the sea
3. Watching reality shows
4. Lazing around
Five things you would never wear again
Five favourite toys
1. My Astro channels
2. My Toshiba laptop
3. My humble Ixus II camera
4. My squash racket
5. My blog
Che-Cheh tagged me with this meme. Read my blogging tip at #19.
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.)
Write your own blogging tip for other bloggers.Try to make your tip general.
1. Look, read, and learn. http://www.neonscent.com/***
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. http://www.bushmackel.com****
3. Don’t let money change ya! *****
4. Always reply to your comments. http://chattiekat.com/****
5. Blog about what you know & love. http://sugar-queens-dream.blogspot.com****
6. Don’t use filthy language-buy a dictionary. http://shinade.blogspot.com***
7. Blog about something educational http://climateofourfuture.org**
8. Be yourself; others will follow http://sfgirl-thealiennextdoor.blogspot.com
9. Don’t have too many blogs that will become a chore to maintain http://cubicledenizen.blogspot.com*
10. Keep it simple, user-friendly, interesting and organised! http://erishaling.blogspot.com***
11. Keep the blog simple and sweet!! http://www.leslieho.com **
12. Share with others your thoughts and don’t be shy! http://groovy-olives.com/blog
13. Never ask for link exchange. Blog hop to increase traffic. http://www.jessieling.com*
14. Blog about something uniquely you. Or post some unique pictures http://bernardchan.net
15. Avoid too lengthy posts e.g. less than 200 words if you can help it. http://www.mylongkang.com*
16. Avoid Doing Tags.. clementwongpy.blogspot.com
17. Remember to go to the toilet when nature calls, don’t just sit glued to the computer or you’ll shit in your pant! http://wuching.blogspot.com
18. Blog hoping is fun. You’ll never know what gem you’ll find in the blogsphere. che-cheh.com/19. Top 5 blog turn-ons: personal stories, parenting, tech, food and politics. Top 5 blog turn-offs: sponsored posts, meme, money-making blogs, porns, religious fanatics. http://hcfoo.com/
I’m tagging… anyone in my blog links who wants to share his/her blogging tips.
Sep 3, 2007
The commercial reminds us about the filmmaker's award-winning movie, Sepet, which explores the love between a Chinese boy and a Malay girl. It also remind us that we should be like the children, colour blind and live without prejudice and judgment.