Since today is chor yatt (first day of the lunar calendar), I decided to cook simple vegetarian mee hoon enough for two person for dinner.
The ingredients are pretty simple:
1/4 of a packet of mee hoon (rice vermicelli)
1/8 of the whole cabbage (sliced)
1/2 of a carrot (sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
5-8 cili padi
How to cook:
1. Soak the mee hoon for about 20 minutes until it is soft.
2. Prepare garlic, cabbage, carrot and cili padi.
3. Heat up the wok and pour in 3 tablespoons of oil.
4. Put in the garlic and stir fry till it turns brownish.
5. Add in sliced cabbage and carrot.
6. Stir fry for about 3 minutes and scoop up.
7. Add in 3 tablespoons of oil into the now empty wok.
8. Throw in the mee hoon and 3/4 cup of water.
9. Add salt (athough I prefer soy sauce), oyster cause and dark soy sauce (or caramel soy sauce).
10. Throw in the cabbage and carrot.
11. Stir fry for another 5 minutes and the dish is ready.