I read through Dave Cheong's blog and found his blog rather resourceful. And I would like to simplify and share his 18 ways to stay focus on work here. I'm kinda distracted since weekend is near.
1. Write out a daily task list and plan your day.
2. Allocate time slots colleagues can interrupt you.
3. Apply time boxing. This means instead of working on a task till it is done, try working on it by giving yourself a deadline or limited time, say 30 mins.
4. Setup filters in your email.
5. Do not check personal email in the morning.
6. Set your IM status as being away or busy.
7. Listen to the right types of music.
8. Use the headphones but leave the music off.
9. Fill up a water bottle so that you can keep yourself hydrated which is important for all sorts of health reasons.
10. Find the best time to do repetitive and boring tasks.
11. Bring your lunch and have it at your desk.
12. Don’t make long personal calls.
13. Clean up your desk.
14. Get a good chair.
15. Use shortcuts on your computer.
16. Close programs you’re not using.
17. Limit time on Digg, Delicious, news sites and blogs.
18. Change your mindset and make work fun.